Why Retirement Planning is Important
Everything we do – from choosing a career to managing career progressions at our employers – is presumably so we and our families and dependents can have a better life. But if we fail to plan for “Life after work”, all of the plans and effort we put into our working lives, could be jeopardized.
What will retirement look like? Are we spending too much? What if we’re not saving enough? How frequently should we be saving? Could we run out of money in retirement? Are we investing in the right places? How much will we need in retirement? Will Government and Employer pension plans cover us through retirement?
If we don’t plan for retirement, we’ll never be able to prepare for it.
What We Can Do For You
For our clients, retirement planning doesn’t start at retirement. It starts much before! We take a long-term view of your financial wellbeing to ensure your retirement has been well planned.
Here’s what we do for you as part of our Retirement Planning service:
- Your personalized retirement planning strategy: Everything we do for you centers around four pillars - Helping you plan to achieve your financial goals prior to retirement; Planning to ensure you have sufficient income during retirement; Putting plans in place to safeguard your Nest Egg and yourself against potential catastrophes; Planning for your legacy.
- Understanding your goals: we want to thoroughly understand what your retirement goals are.
- Analyzing where you are at: To plan a meaningful retirement, you need to know where you currently stand. We will review all of your financial assets and garanteed sources of income including your retirement income needs.
- Developing the plan: We’ll work with you to create a retirement plan that addresses your income needs and any shortfall - if any. When we’re done, you’ll not only know what you need (income) to fund your retirement lifestyle, and what your investments will generate; but you’ll also know how to bridge the shortfall – if any.
- Implementing the plan: As you move closer to retirement, we’ll work closely with you to ensure the plans are implemented and reviewed to reflect necessary changes.
- Supporting your decisions on pensions and benefits: We will provide you with assistance with social security planning decisions and pension benefits (Government or Employer): Whether to apply or not? When to apply? What to do with those funds…and much more.
- Looking out for you in retirement and beyond: We want our clients to know we will be there to assist family members during their lifetimes and behond.
- Ongoing reviews: We’ll continue to monitor and review your retirement plans, and consult with you frequently about any changes or updates needed to address your evolving retirement lifestyle needs.